What We Did | Virtual Reality Marketing App
- Consult and develop script for product marketing with virtual reality
- Produce five scenes of live action stereo 360 video with spatial audio on location
- Create motion graphics from data sets
- Composite videos and graphics into 3D 360 live action videos
- Edit video and spatial audio in to five scenes
- Develop virtual reality apps with interactive hotspots for Samsung Gear VR, iOS, and Android
- Deploy and QA apps on Apple iTunes and Google Play Store
- Alternate edit and deploy web version to YouTube
About the Customer
ProteinSimple is part of the Protein Platforms division of Bio-Techne (NASDAQ: TECH). They help researchers around the world resolve their protein analysis problems so they can reveal new insight into proteins and their role in disease.
The marketing team at ProteinSimple knew of the higher metrics being achieved with virtual reality marketing apps for meetings and trade shows. They were also keen on the increased level of engagement by posting 360º videos on their video marketing channels like YouTube.
This is a YouTube 360 Video adapted from the interactive app we produced. Use this for quick and easy viewing.
Virtual World Enhancements
Adding video and photo assets to scenes in 3D 360º gives more value to the story and communication objectives. Often our 3D compositing also helps fill out the 360 composition. My approach to virtual reality marketing with 360 media is that there has to be some element to support the narrative all the way around. And more often than not, we can cover up some less attractive real life elements found in corporate environments.
In this virtual reality marketing production we used the latest camera technology for stereo 360º video with depth maps. In post-production we added microscopic and product software highlight videos to align with the script.
Strategically placed interactive hotspots through out the VR app give the viewer agency to engage with Milo. The resulting 360 VR media experience can be used as a product demo, introductory training, and in sales presentations without the expense of traveling with lab equipment.
The entire VR media marketing project was completed in eight weeks, from the initial script meeting to publishing apps on iTunes and Google Play Store .
Virtual Reality Marketing Metrics
The life science corporate marketing team saw these metrics in one of our introductory phone calls and quickly realized the growth potential of virtual reality marketing.